Release Date: March 31st 2016
Adorkable (ah-dor-kuh-bul): Descriptive term meaning to be equal parts dorky and adorable. For reference, see Sally Spitz.
Seventeen-year-old Sally Spitz is done with dating. Or at least, she’s done with the horrible blind dates/hookups/sneak attacks her matchmaking bestie, Hooker, sets her up on. There’s only so much one geek girl and Gryffindor supporter can take.
Her solution: she needs a fake boyfriend. And fast.
Enter Becks, soccer phenom, all-around-hottie, and Sally’s best friend practically since birth. When Sally asks Becks to be her F.B.F. (fake boyfriend), Becks is only too happy to be used. He’d do anything for Sal–even if that means giving her PDA lessons in his bedroom, saying she’s “more than pretty,” and expertly kissing her at parties.
The problem: Sally’s been in love with Becks all her life–and he’s completely clueless.
This book features two best friends, one special edition Yoda snuggie, countless beneath-the-ear kisses and begs the question:
Who wants a real boyfriend when faking it is so much more fun?
Buy Links: Amazon
ADORKABLE Book Playlist
1. “Sweet Disposition” by The Temper Trap
2. “Can You Tell” by Ra Ra Riot
3. “The Way I Am” by Ingrid Michaelson
4. “July Flame” by Laura Veirs
5. “So Insane” by Discovery
6. “The Trial of the Century” by French Kicks
7. “Hysteric” by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
8. “Powerful Stuff” by Sean Hayes
9. “Call It Off” by Tegan and Sara
10. “Your Song” by Kate Walsh
11. “Nicest Thing” by Kate Nash
12. “Hyperballad” by Whitley
13. “Syrup & Honey” by Duffy
14. “Oh Boy” by Duffy
15. “She’s Got You High” by Mumm-Ra
16. “Heart Skipped a Beat” by The XX
17. “Tessellate” by Tokyo Police Club
18. “I’m With You” by The Stills
19. “Crash Into Me” by Dave Matthews Band (Live at Folsom Field, Boulder Colorado)
“You’re not seriously going to listen to them,” I said flatly.
“What else can I do?”
“Becks, beware the dark side.”
“What’s that supposed to mean?”
“It’s a Yoda-ism,” I said, “and you know exactly what it means. Becks, have you no shame?”
“Nope,” he said, lifting the jersey over his head in one swift pull, causing a mixture of applause, screaming and appreciative sighs.
I shook my head, struggling to keep my eyes north of his jaw line.
“What can I say, Sal?” he said, backing away. “It’s like that line from that show Oklahoma. I’m just a guy who can’t say no.” Flicking his jersey at one of the cheerleaders, he hot footed it out to center field, grinning all the while. He gave a frowning Coach Crenshaw a swat to the backside, and then the team got down to business.
I wrote down Becks’s quote, making a side note to include it in my next article, while the girl who’d caught Becks’s jersey gripped the shirt to her heart and pretended to faint.
At least, I hoped it was pretend.
Cookie O’Gorman writes YA romance to give readers a taste of happily-ever-after. Small towns, quirky characters, and the awkward yet beautiful moments in life make up her books. Cookie also has a soft spot for nerds and ninjas.
Her debut novel ADORKABLE will be released in 2016.
GIVEAWAY: The ADORKABLE Challenge
I wanted to do something special and fun to celebrate the release of my debut novel ADORKABLE. Since the book is all about the dorky, the awkward, and embracing your inner-nerd, I came up with the ADORKABLE Challenge!
Here’s how it works:
1) Take a picture of yourself being adorkable.
2) Post that picture on social media (facebook, twitter, instagram etc.) with the hashtag #AdorkableChallenge.
3) Enter the link to your picture in the Rafflecopter and earn as many extra entries as you can.
4) Sit back and relax while 4 adorably dorky winners are randomly chosen :).
3 winning runners up will each receive: $10 Amazon gift card.
The ADORKABLE Challenge Champion will receive: $50 Amazon gift card.
And that’s it! If you’re adorkable and you know it, this is your time to shine. I can’t wait to check out all of your pictures. Now, show me your ADORKABLE!